Welcome, children of the night! This Blog is for fans of vintage horror films as well as those who are just beginning to discover the joy of these classic movies. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, May 31, 2010

I Bury the Living (1958)





Don't let the movie poster fool you.  I Bury the Living is more Twilight Zone than it is Creepshow.  The basic premise for the movie is a clever one.  The recent supervisor of a cemetery is convinced that he is causing people's deaths by inserting a black pin into a wall size map of the cemetery.  Richard Boone, who is a distinguished actor with a long resume, gives the main character emotional depth and believability.  He definitely carries the film and commands center stage in every scene.
My only negative criticism of the film is that I think it's too long.  I Bury the Living would have been better suited as a half hour episode on a show like Alfred Hitchcock Presents than a feature length film.  There is really not enough material here to justify the length.  That being said, I still found the film well made and quite enjoyable.
This movie is in the public domain and can be viewed online at Google Video.  Just type the title in the search engine.
RATING: Good.
For more info check out the film's entry in IMDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment