Welcome, children of the night! This Blog is for fans of vintage horror films as well as those who are just beginning to discover the joy of these classic movies. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, March 29, 2013

The Toxic Avenger (1984)

The Toxic Avenger is a terrible movie with over the top acting, crude humor, and bad special effects.  Yet, this is why so many people love it.  I must confess that on occasion I get a kick from films that fall into the "so bad it's good" category.  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978) and Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959) come to mind.  But I must confess I'm not in love with The Toxic Avenger.  While I did chuckle on occasion, I found much of the film to be just god-awful.  [Nazi jokes never work for me with the exception of Mel Brooks' The Producers.]  

So, here's my challenge to everyone out there….Tell me why you love this film.  I want to be a believer but this one just doesn't do it for me.  Perhaps I need to see this with a group of friends and a keg of beer.  It just might improve my opinion of it.

RATING: Bad.

For more info check out the film's entry in IMDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment