Welcome, children of the night! This Blog is for fans of vintage horror films as well as those who are just beginning to discover the joy of these classic movies. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tenebre (1982)

I truly appreciate the artistic genius of Dario Argento in films such as Phenomena (1985) and Suspiria (1977).  Therefore, I had high expectations when I sat down to watch Tenebre.  Unfortunately those expectations were not met.  Forget the 7.0 approval rating on IMDB.  This film was dull and unimaginative.  I consider it to be one of the weakest films in Argento’s career.

The plot lacks any sense of imagination or originality.  The story centers on an American writer who is being stalked by a serial killer who seems determined to eliminate anyone associated with the publishing of his latest book, Tenebre. [Yawn!]  That’s all you need to know and that’s all you get!

I know it’s probably blasphemy to speak ill of Argento but Tenebre feels like a film he made in order to get a paycheck.  If anyone out there loves it, tell me why.  I’m all ears.  As far as I’m concerned, fans should stick with the two other films I mentioned in this review which are truly amazing films.

RATING: Fair.

For more info check out the film's entry in IMDB.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with Fair as the rating. There's some cool death scenes.

    ReplyDelete