Welcome, children of the night! This Blog is for fans of vintage horror films as well as those who are just beginning to discover the joy of these classic movies. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, July 17, 2017

R.I.P. George Romero

Like everyone else who loves horror, I was saddened to learn of the death of George Romero. I grew up in Pittsburgh so I have always felt a kinship with George. He is much beloved in my hometown and elsewhere. The first time I saw Night of the Living Dead it scared the shit out of me but I loved it. I was in Middle School at the time. When Dawn of the Dead premiered I actually saw it at the Monroeville Mall where it was filmed. Walking out into the mall and parking lot scared the shit out of me again! I have always found his films to be thought-provoking with lots of social commentary to be found in the midst of gut-munching and zombie kills. George, you were one-of-a-kind. A great human being and a visionary filmmaker. You will me missed by this zombie-loving fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment